Guest Blog Post By Noor UI Ain, Biochemist and Molecular Biologist
Have you ever looked in the mirror and seen those tiny lines on your face? It happens to many of us. We try lots of creams and treatments, hoping for a change. But sometimes, it feels like nothing's working.
That's where this guide comes in. We'll break down how to deal with those lines and wrinkles. By using certain ingredients in your nightly routine, you might see some real improvements. Let's go through a step-by-step plan that could make a big difference.
WHY ARE YOU GETTING WRINKLES?
- Skin aging is caused by two reasons; one is intrinsic aging which is the one that you're getting old and due to the passage of time, your skin loses its strength and elasticity.
- But the second one, extrinsic aging is primarily the consequence of environmental factors such as ultraviolet rays (UV), pollution, and smoking. Aging is accelerated in skin which is more exposed to UV radiation, this process is known as photoaging.
WHY DO WE NEED NIGHTTIME SKINCARE?
The first question in your minds will be definitely about why we should even do nighttime skincare.
There is clinical evidence in research on anti-aging and healthy skin, that demonstrates you can reduce wrinkles and promote skin brightness just by adopting advanced skincare routine in comparison to simple one.
An amazing fact about it is when you apply skincare products at night, it can penetrate into your skin easily and can get you better results. The anti-aging ingredients in them work better too at night.
Following an effective skincare routine makes your skin brighter, shinier and smoother the next morning, but I'll have to say it takes time. Persistency is required if you want better results.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS IN NIGHTTIME SKINCARE PRODUCTS:
A clinical study done on the effect of an anti- aging skincare system reveals that a skincare system containing AHA's and vitamins can greatly improve the biomechanical parameters of the skin, including wrinkles and fine lines, as well as elasticity without any adverse effects.
Let's talk about some active ingredients which can promote your skin health, and you must choose skincare products containing them.
Vitamin A is best known for its role in maintaining healthy skin. It promotes cell turnover, collagen production, and prevents the breakdown of collagen and elastin, thus it can lead you towards youthful skin, improved texture, reduced wrinkles.
Retinoids, which are derivatives of vitamin A, can treat various skin concerns like acne, fine lines and uneven skin tone.
The American Academy of Dermatology recommends topical retinoids to help treat acne in both adolescents and adults.
Retinoids can help in removing dirt, oil, and dead skin cells from pores to prevent pimples, and can help exfoliate the skin outer surface.
ANTIOXIDANT, COENZYME Q10:
Coenzyme Q10 is a natural biochemical compound present in the body cells. It has a crucial role in producing energy and acts as an antioxidant to prevent any damage from free radicals. Incorporating Coenzyme Q10 in your skincare routine has several benefits which include:
- Collagen production
- Wrinkle reduction
- Antioxidant protection
“Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance in our skin, and as a result one should not expect any problems,” Dr.Rothaus, dermatologist
- Hyaluronic acid helps moisturize your skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- When your skin is properly hydrated, skin cell production increases, leading to smoother and plumper skin.
- It also boosts elasticity by promoting collagen production.
VITAMIN C, VITAMIN E, VITAMIN B12:
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that helps protect your skin from free radical damage.
- Although you’re exposed to the sun directly during the day, applying a skincare product containing vitamin C can be beneficial too.
- It plays a crucial role in the production of collagen synthesis, thus promoting your skin’s elasticity.
- Like vitamin C, vitamin E also acts as an antioxidant but there is another benefit about it; it also acts as anti-inflammatory.
- Yes, it can help with acne, eczema, and psoriasis.
- It is also preferred for dry skin people as it keeps their skin hydrated.
- Vitamin B3, which is also known as Niacinamide, plays a vital role in the regeneration of skin cells.
- It can reduce redness and inflammation associated with acne.
- It can give you a radiant glow by contributing to healthy blood flow.
A SKIN-LOVING SURPRISE FOR ALL SKIN TYPES:
Protea has a surprise for all of you, yes, for all skin types. Whether you’ve dry skin, combination skin, sensitive skin or oily skin, this next section is like a solution to your problems.
With this slumber serum, you don't have to use much skincare products for your wrinkles. You don't even have to get any treatments. This thin consistency of the formula is formulated for all skin types.
And guess what, it contains all the active ingredients mentioned in the blog above. Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, antioxidant, Hyaluronic acid, vitamin B12, ALL IN JUST ONE PACK!
“I always believed that a 50+ skincare routine must be complicated. Well, the slumber serum does it all! I applied it after face wash and before the moisturizer as instructed, loved the immediate soft glow effect.”
LANA L, Protea Customer Review
If you're interested in trying out our Slumber Serum and experiencing its benefits for yourself, you can find it in our skincare products section. Don't miss out on this all-in-one solution for a radiant, youthful complexion.